- Freedom of religion is being greatly eroded as well. States such as California continue to ban large church gatherings in order to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, but meanwhile they don’t have any problem with the large groups of protesters that are gathering night after night in our major cities to riot and commit acts of violence.
- And there is also a tremendous amount of concern that many of these blue states will require people to take a COVID-19 vaccine once it is available. President Trump is trying to push vaccine development along as rapidly as possible, because he thinks that if he can announce something before November that it will help him win the election. But rushing a potentially dangerous vaccine through development and forcibly injecting it into the arms of millions of Americans is not only incredibly foolish, it is also deeply un-American.
- And the way that Republicans and Democrats in Congress are responding to this crisis is also deeply un-American. We are supposed to have a free market capitalist system, and when I was growing up the socialists were always regarded as enemies of our Republic. But now there are very few politicians in Washington that are not socialists. This week we were informed that another “stimulus bill” is on the way. This one is going to involve more direct socialist payments to the American people, but at this point hardly anyone is even bothering to point out that this is pure socialism.
- Never before in American history have we done such a thing. We have been through the Civil War, World War I, the Great Depression, World War II and a whole host of other difficult times, and yet we have never passed out “free money” to everyone in the country before. And of course we can’t afford any of this extra spending that Congress is doing. This new stimulus bill is “only” going to cost about a trillion dollars, but that is another trillion dollars that we will have to steal from future generations of Americans.
- At this moment we are more than 26 trillion dollars in debt, and soon it will be 27 trillion dollars. We are systematically destroying America’s future, and our founders would be absolutely horrified at what we are doing if they could see us today. Of course we abandoned most of the values that they held dear long ago. What was “right” in their day is now “wrong”, and what was “wrong” in their day has now become “right”. In essence, we are literally turning into the exact opposite of what they originally intended for America to be.